This report, submitted by Monitor 10.02.22, Planetary Surveillance Department, describes the most recent observations regarding the intelligent species (level 2), called Humanity, on planet Earth in the face of a disruptive virus epidemic.
I am Monitor 10.02.22, the 96th observer since the emergence of life on this planet (Universe reference: Gaia). My service so far covers 0.13 of 10 observation units, or the last 68,000 Earth years. Until 150 years ago, there was not much to report about Earth, as is also confirmed in the accounts of my predecessors. Living things evolved evolutionarily in a natural struggle for survival. Occasional local catastrophes, including a meteorite impact and a tectonic shock, caused major changes in the biosphere. The planet is a very dynamic geological object resulting in great biological diversity. The development of the suddenly emerging Humanity has been relatively calm, with the striking appetite for violent mutual conflict compared to other living beings on this planet. Even if there is enough living space, people can fight each other to extinction as if there wasn’t enough air to breathe. In addition to this unnatural and negative aspect, there is another phenomenon that other species on this planet have not so firmly anchored genetically: the sharing of creative stories. The human species succeeds in building abstract stories from observations and practical experiences and shares them with future generations. This ensures more effective collaboration because acquired knowledge is not lost, in fact, it is even expanded further. While that quality is a prerequisite in the Universe for growth to cosmic maturity, Humanity is not yet at the point of breaking away from narratives that are only intended to exert power over others and hinder free thought, or that create a world of delusions that is far apart from reality.
As the current Monitor of Gaia, I am obligated to warn my colleagues of what has been happening to Humanity over the last 150 Earth years. This, in our perception, short span of time has all the hallmarks of a civilization Q-timepoint. It’s the moment of the fierce spark, and the question of whether that is the prelude to a beautiful flame or to an all-destroying explosion. Based on this first report, it can be estimated whether the Gaian Quantum Leap is realistic, or whether it is better to select alternative planets for monitoring by the Planetary Surveillance Department.
About 150 years ago, on Earth an accelerated development of Humanity took place. Man had definitively detached himself from the natural environment, and technical developments, in addition to strong industrial growth, also caused an enormous expansion of the worldwide population with the accompanying depletion of the planet’s natural resources. Where every large population produces pollution that can be absorbed by the planet, humans generate non-natural waste, often toxic or with high radiation intensity. The lust for luxury, prosperity and convenience has led to global conflicts, motivated by improbably manipulative narratives, and to constant tension between the different continental peoples. A recent survey shows that only 5% of adult people still have common sense and perspective, 20% are downright manipulative for influence and personal gain, and the rest suffer from the addictions mentioned and are therefore at the mercy of the power centers in their society.
However, I also noticed a few bright spots. Man has a complex form of multifaceted communication. To control and govern the population, those in power have created a worldwide network to which almost everyone is connected, and through which information is shared. Inadvertently, too, that network also gives individuals the opportunity to plant ideas globally when something is not going in the right direction, thereby addressing Humanity’s subconscious positive conscience. Despite censorship and imposed restrictions, increasingly broadly based opinions are emerging about the quality of the biosphere, human behavior, the inadequacy of many official stories and suggestions on how things can be done differently. Although this positive counterforce came along with exponential growth, it is still small compared to the prevailing forces that threaten to destroy civilization. Reluctantly, people recently have been trying more and more to seek cooperation, but given the often arrogant and competitive human nature, harmonious coexistence seems a utopia.
Over the past 150 years I have recognized a number of recurring themes that have manifested themselves in different ways. It is hoped that Humanity will quickly see through and understand these themes so that its Q-moment does not lead to a debacle. The very last global virus outbreak may be the impetus needed to really turn things around and secure the future for Humanity. This report focuses mainly on this last phase, which has not yet been completed. On Earth the virus in question is commonly referred to as “SARS-CoV-2”, regardless of the mutations. The accompanying physical illness is called “COVID-19” and the worldwide exponential outbreak is called “Corona pandemic”. Psychological aspects are present, but not named.
1. Conspiracy Theories
On Earth the supposedly hushed plans of action by relatively small groups of people with the aim of exerting lasting changing or confirming influence on large communities are called conspiracy theories. Surrounded by secrecy, they are rarely directly provable. Possible conspiracies are suspected if several complementary unpleasant or threatening events take place sequentially and/or simultaneously. Strangely enough, the average person does not suspect positively experienced events, which in my observation are much more often used to silence the critical voice of the masses. The emergence of conspiracy theories stems from the existence of excessively wealthy elite classes, the addiction to fictional stories and the human nature that is both manipulative and suspicious (two sides of the same coin).
It is common practice throughout the Universe to agree on actions, goals, and communication. This also happens on Earth in all layers of the population, within families as well as in companies and governments. What Humanity lacks is openness and transparency, as well as a correction mechanism if agreements do not meet public expectations. Unlike the other intelligent species of the known Universe, therefore, man has a deep-seated distrust of such agreements, preferring to use the word “conspiracy.” It is not possible for me to analyze details in communication on a subliminal level, too much information is generated too quickly for that. What is striking is that transparency and openness are increasing, and that as a result hidden abuses are brought to light. Since humans have managed to unmask a few conspiracies in this way, I suspect that the mistrust of their own species is (unfortunately) justified.
The Corona pandemic does not seem to be a spontaneous and natural phenomenon. The following observations support this conjecture:
- Sudden spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus from one point;
- This point is a city, which also houses a virological research laboratory,
- In which, moreover, several nations and companies work together;
- Unexpectedly rapid availability of vaccines to suppress the virus;
- Unusually emphatic and one-sided top-down communication;
- Precisely at a time when the average person is becoming more empowered, better informed and more demanding with regard to administrative bodies.
Where previously mainly armed conflicts were used to frighten people, impose restrictions and make them follow leaders without question, now the Corona pandemic seems to be used for similar purposes. Although there are certainly recognizable elements of partial conspiracies, especially in the form of misuse of the situation for monetary gain, in my observation there is no question of a global human conspiracy. The events are too widespread and comprehensive for that. Rather, I see the signals of a cosmic growth spurt, characteristic of the Q-phase of a supposedly intelligent species. If Humanity itself learns the right lessons from this pandemic, a setback in development on planet Earth can be prevented.
The diversity of economic systems has declined dramatically in the last 100 years. Where coins used to be a universal medium of exchange, a model has since spread from one continent, strongly focused on virtual money as the only value. This economy is based on supply and demand and the resulting price competition with the logical consequence of scaling up to reduce costs and increase profits. A few general observations:
- Responsibility is only taken for own profitability. Unless it benefits the production system, very little money is spent on the well-being of people and other inhabitants of the planet, resulting in enormous pollution of the environment, and the extinction of various life forms.
- Scaling leads to one-sided production with cumulative effects that over time have a disastrous influence on overall health. Use of chemicals and genetic engineering produces optically beautiful foods, but quality and diversity are inferior and fail to meet the implicit expectations of ignorant consumers. From sales to legislation, there is an obscure storytelling business that perpetuates this system.
- Many elaborate descriptions have elevated the present economic system to a religion. Where old religions lose their grip on people’s daily lives, Economy is intertwined with society down to the smallest detail. Such an unconditional belief can hardly be questioned, simply because no one can imagine anything else anymore.
- The continuous search for added value creation results in an excess of meaningless products and services. This is at the expense of constructive developments in science, technology and society.
- In this system, Gaia is seen as an external utensil, not the mother planet you live with. This illustrates how far Humanity is still from Cosmic Consciousness.
Note: Like all organisms on Earth, the individual human originally had a core of Cosmic Subconscious. Through collective rituals, this has grown into conflicting religions, which are now becoming less important again.
In general, the prevailing economic model is not based on fairness, cooperation and mutual sharing, despite the emergence of so-called circular systems. Even in the health care system, intended to support people physically and mentally, the market-driven economy has made its appearance. While people were initially only focused on consumer behavior, #UnhealthEconomics is increasingly comingto the fore.
UnhealthEconomics : the earning system in which individuals are so weakened and dependent on resources and services that they can no longer (and may not) take responsibility for their own lives.
Features of this subsystem:
- The connection with nature disappears. Dietary patterns became more one-sided, and often focused on addiction needs, reducing the healthy variety of nutrients. Unnoticed, the food industry promotes ill health in many areas. The stimulants industry also plays an important role in this.
- Physical exertion should primarily serve production, so that very limited, highly regulated and often also mind-numbing activities were devised for relaxation. Entertainment media is also used for mass influencing and distraction.
- The result: mental and physical debilitation and increased susceptibility to disorders.
- Discouragement and even prohibition of traditional medicine with holistic effect gives monopoly positions to industrially manufactured machines, drugs and aids and to a protected health care system of doctors, specialists, and other care providers. Unhealthy people become a source of income.
- The focus is almost entirely on the phase after someone has become ill. Very little is invested in prevention and awareness, because this is at odds with the earnings in the system. The ultimate goal seems to be to prolong a life, regardless whether that is still natural or humane. This is completely different from the attitude towards other life forms.
- A whole industry is emerging of additional aids and nutritional supplements, which claim to believe in prevention, but in fact make use of people’s laziness to not have to think about it anymore. This industry also contributes to the aforementioned symptoms of economies of scale, one-sidedness, and addiction.
- Excessive use of medicinal monocultures leads to human excretion of residues, of which the long-term effect on the environment and the organisms present therein slowly becomes apparent.
The Corona pandemic shows an extreme effect of the aforementioned #UnhealthEconomics. It is not unusual that new viruses are created that make higher organisms ill. Such waves automatically attenuate once defense mechanisms are re-established and the weakened individuals have disappeared from the population. However, this pandemic is taking place during strong population growth and increased mobility, and therefore has all the hallmarks of global exponential growth, typical of virus spread. The relative impact in relation to the affected population is not materially different from previous epidemics. However, the prevailing economic system is under much greater threat than it used to be. If too many (already weakened) people become seriously ill at the same time, the production and distribution of goods and services will stagnate, business will decline, and revenues will fall for both governments and large companies. As a result, #UnhealthEconomics received a strong impulse.
- People are rigorously restricted in non-productive activities. The information focuses mainly on individual feelings of fear. Mandatory testing reinforces this feeling, despite poor reproducibility of test results.
- Prescribed protective equipment should reduce the chance of virus spreading, resulting in a new impulse for entrepreneurs, and irresponsible profits.
- Apart from hygiene measures, little attention has been paid to prevention, for example through a good lifestyle or healthy eating habits. No research is done on this either. Companies whose products contribute to the weakening of the heart, lungs and other organs are not being tackled.
- There is no risk differentiation of general measures with regard to different target groups.
- Companies suffering from the epidemic are receiving huge investments from governments on favorable terms, despite gains in previous years.
- To prepare the healthcare system for treatment of the COVID-19 disease, capacity has been removed from other healthcare areas. There is no substantial additional investment in healthcare institutions or personnel.
- Already during the onset of the pandemic, it was decided to focus primarily on vaccines that should stimulate the immune system. Other serious alternatives were hardly followed up. The established industries soon came up with a minimally tested product whose short-term side effects were not known (or made known), and without the warning that regular use is necessary.
- At the expense of the well-being of a large part of the population, the economy hashardly suffered from the pandemic. In fact, profits are increasing again everywhere, and are not flowing back to the people.
- The health care system has come under further pressure. The long-term consequences of delayed care cannot yet be foreseen, will probably remain hidden within the usual key figures, but will lead to continued gains later on.
- Registration systems, controlled by the administration of vaccines and testing activities, give far-reaching oversight over people and their activities. Governments and scientists alike don’t seem to want to give up on this.
- The only remaining target group seems to be those who did not conform to the general policy.
- Possible side effects after administration of a vaccine are registered, but not assigned to protect the product. On the other hand, there is the ease with which all kinds of regularly occurring symptoms are labeled as possible complaints related to COVID-19 and require immediate action (isolation or test).
- Long-term consequences of artificially influencing the immune system have only been studied theoretically, and are therefore unknown. There is now talk of an alternative traditional (mildly pathogenic) vaccine.
- There are signals about medicines aimed at treating COVID-19 symptoms. To date, no statistical research has been conducted into obvious favorable conditions for the disease and its underlying causes.
- Partly due to the aforementioned development of transparency and openness, there is increasing resistance in society. The question is whether Humanity wants to go back to the old situation, or whether it is ready for a new start, based on all previous experiences and lessons.
During the Corona pandemic, more and more people have come to see how UnhealthEconomics actually works against total planetary well-being. The aversion to this is growing. It is not for the Planetary Surveillance Department to suggest alternatives to Humanity, just as you do not distract a child from its own learning process. If people succeed in transforming this system into a Health Economy on their own, based on the right ethical choices, then an important step has been taken towards being receptive to #Organismics . Only when the Cosmic Consciousness settles into the global mind of Humanity at this stage can the Planetary Development Department take over our role.
For readers unfamiliar with planetary evolution, Gaia, like all celestial bodies in the Universe, is connected to the Cosmic Subconscious. It is also one of the few planets that produces organisms, in order to enable growth towards Cosmic Consciousness. This growing consciousness directs the actions of all organisms on the planet. In this way, the Gaian heritage ultimately can be secured. That’s also when Gaia fully aligns with #Organismics.
About 50 years ago there was a leading collective of Earth scientists who, in a hefty report, warned of the potential consequences of exponential growth if not acted upon in a timely manner. I take that as a first sign of modern Cosmic Consciousness. From that moment on, there was more cooperation, and multinational communities were founded. However, the underlying governance model is still the same as at the tribal level: elected leaders and Babylonian confusion of tongues. In addition, there are still experiments on the planet with old-fashioned dictatorial and/or religious systems. I see all these developments as a hesitant step towards #Organismics :
Organismics : the driving force behind the co-operation of individual organisms in harmony with the mother planet on a super-global level, guided by a collective consciousness and based on common intuitive ethical rules for both the individual and collective.
Humanity is Gaia’s most recent, and possibly last, ability to survive the next stellar mutations. To this end, Humanity must transcend Earth-bound existence on the way to Cosmic Consciousness. That is not possible without involving Gaia in its entirety. Moreover, meaningful trade-offs must be found between individual and collective needs. The prevailing political ideals too often opt for one of the two extremes. The collective subconscious knows that a change is needed, and under the influence of Gaia, bit by bit presents foundations of #Organismics.
- Global communication and increased mobility ensure rapid exchange of information.
- Automation systems, which support, increase and secure both the storage and processing capacity of the human brain, are also taking over tasks that globally must be performed uniformly.
- Promising developments in the field of care for living beings, resulting in a better understanding of the body and mind, and a greater understanding of the relationship with the living environment. Incident care and accident prevention are excellent.
- Increasing transparency and openness, bringing to light local non-harmonious practices and creating a new sense of norms for dealing with each other and the environment.
- Globalization of research and production, so that knowledge is better distributed and standardized.
- Worldwide availability of the same type of products and services, resulting in greater unification and a more even distribution of wealth.
- Steadily rising average level of education, reducing the influence of imposed belief systems.
Unfortunately, there are still a few serious hurdles:
- (Racial) discrimination and a stagnant understanding of other behavioral cultures. This also includes: jealously clinging to one’s own traditions and customs, and keeping everything that deviates from them at a distance.
- Unequal economic gains at the national level, and conflicting views on efforts to be made to share returns.
- Fear of letting go of outdated stories and replacing them with modern and flexible versions. As a result: to a greater extent suppression of dissidents and restriction of free speech.
- Waste of energy and resources, targeting hostility and aggression within the planetary community.
- Religions have too strong a conservative influence, aimed at their own position of power.
- Little attention to spiritual growth and mental strength. The education system is mainly focused on the economic model of productivity and competition.
With the pandemic, Gaia shows that Humanity must make choices. The goal is not to live longer as individuals, but to survive as a species, in harmony with the planet.
- Diseases and their causative agents play a role in natural selection for living things. Too strong and one-sided intervention by humans in this process causes extreme excesses, as a result of which many organisms (not only humans) have to suffer.
- Gaia’s pandemic could have been caused by a combination of human curiosity and lack of respect for livestock. The global impact was unstoppable, emphasizing that Humanity is not as omnipotent as it thinks it is. Self-confidence has natural limits.
- The pandemic demonstrates the need for global cooperation and coordination in crisis situations and in their prevention. The infrastructure for this is already in place.
- Fear is a bad counselor. Similar local epidemics in the past can no longer be compared to the current pandemic. It is better to do good research and choose nuanced solutions, possibly outside the usual frameworks.
- Prosperity, the driving force behind the current economic system, ultimately turns out to be less important than well-being, or harmony with Gaia.
- In times of crisis, the economic system is not at the service of the well-being of people and the planet. While the system is surviving this pandemic, and coming out even stronger, it is also Humanity’s Achilles heel. A consumer society is useless and entertainment also contributes little to survival.
- Collective action and the making of sacrifices for personal freedom must not be at the expense of individual well-being, in order to maintain togetherness within Humanity.
- Basic pre-pandemic etiquette rules regarding hygiene, personal space, humility and governance have proved inadequate and need to be revised.
- The pandemic shows that centralized control and governance is not necessarily bad. However, fair distribution and mutual respect must be guaranteed, so that the collective as a whole goes along with this.
As a Monitor of the Earth, I should mention that Gaia’s influence works out differently from what I have previously observed in similar situations on other planets. For example, I cannot estimate what part Gaia has in the eventual events, and what part must be attributed to Humanity itself. After all, so far Humanity has only distanced itself from Gaia. What is special about humans is their sensitivity and/or predilection for conflict. It may be that there is a dualistic tension between Human and Gaia, which provides multiple choice variants, and therefore more options for survival. This dualism would be a previously unseen and unique aspect of #Organismics. That would also explain why so many parties have taken such extremely divergent positions during the pandemic. Nevertheless it is clear that everyone was ultimately driven by the goal of #Organismics to survive, and that Gaia played a major role in the background during the pandemic.
In this regard, it may be interesting to consider Gaia’s response to human interventions in nature. There has been an increase in natural disasters such as forest fires, floods, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Much of this is attributed by humans to a changing environment, which, of course, refers directly to Gaia’s response. But it’s not just environmental issues. Wherever people overconfidently adapt their living environment, Gaia reacts. Seen in this light, viruses could be the clearers of weak biological material, and Humanity’s response (vaccines and other aids) could indicate a first attempt to change the organism and make it less vulnerable. Obviously, the tense relationship between Gaia and Humanity needs further study.
Each highly evolved species has its own unique way in which intelligence manifests itself. Most of these organisms also exhibit a synergy between the individuals, meaning that intelligence on an individual and collective level is deployed in the same way. With Humanity, things are a bit more complicated, and that’s why on Earth the transformation to #Organismics is difficult. Man makes a distinction between intuition, feeling and reason. Intuition (location: belly) is connected to the Cosmic Subconscious, feeling (location: heart) resonates with living beings, and reason (location: brain) focuses on the own person and on knowledge. These three elements are still one whole in the very young person, but become separated from each other through upbringing and training. It is alarming that in the last 150 years human intelligence has been totally controlled by the brain, with feeling and intuition in the background contributing only 10% to decision making.
The fact that the brain has a dominant role in humans does not have to be a bad thing if it consciously consults the other facets of intelligence. However, that is rarely the case, although it is a skill that can be practiced. Research shows that the human brain is rather lazy, and prefers to choose the path of least resistance. A common explanation for this is that in a culture full of suspicion and impending conflict, the brain conserves energy in order to react quickly and appropriately if necessary. In relatively peaceful times, the brain will therefore be passive, resting. Another hypothesis says that this passivity is the brain’s way of controlling strong signals from feeling and intuition. Even on Earth people are aware of this laziness. Legend has it that an early sage once called this mechanism #BrainTricks . It is not clear whether it is a useful weakness of the brain, or an imperfection. Humans try to find methods to deal with this efficiently through scientific research.
BrainTricks : Self-justifying thinking strategies aimed at avoiding unpleasant experiences, such as effort, risk, responsibility, vulnerability, or dependence.
#BrainTricks lead to situationally illogical behavior. However, this behavior is not unpredictable. Earth researchers have mapped out many reactions with regard to (inconspicuous) influence, prejudices, fallacies, mental blocks, and communication techniques. Through #BrainTricks people create comfort zones for themselves and their community, from which they only distance themselves under great pressure. That is why #BrainTricks hinder further embracing #Organismics.
It makes no sense for us as observers to describe #BrainTricks in detail. Here I will suffice with a few examples, derived from behavior during the Corona pandemic. Humanity will have to free itself from this limitation. Perhaps it is a prelude to the intuitive ethical rules, which are required by #Organismics. Perhaps the creation of a global automation network is the solution to avoid human pitfalls. The future will tell.
- Channeling intuition and feeling are proven strategies for reducing mental effort. Humanity’s response to the Corona pandemic has been driven by sheer fear and obscurity, both by proponents and opponents of the approach. The intensive communication reinforced this effect by using signal colors, keywords and large numbers. This created a self-reinforcing tunnel vision that was reassuring to many people.
- Avoidance: Scientists and policymakers hide behind each other, leaving accountability a bit vague. Through a division of tasks based on interdependence, people could point at each other like a vicious circle: one only gives advice and is aware of the uncertainties, and the other takes a decision after consulting the advice.
- Negative behavior: people often think of themselves first, and then of the community. It is believed that the disease only affects others, and that others are to blame for spreading the infection.
- False safety: People do not naturally tend to take responsibility for their own public behavior. Manners, hygiene, personal space, fresh air… These are all traditionally known factors that lower the chances of infection in the first place, regardless of the pathogen. But even in care centers discipline wanes as soon as the world seems safe: the brain always lets loose when it can.
- Polarization reduces the need for mental effort.
Proponents of strict measures fall back on tried-and-true concepts such as protection of frail older people, social awareness, and self-sacrifice.
Opponents question everything, such as the existence of the virus, the seriousness of the particular symptoms, and the need for vaccines.
Although both sides have valid points, the generality of the positions limits the room to find an appropriate approach together. This created strong polarization between conspiracy and rebellion during the pandemic.
- Ignoring problems by seeking distraction is a sneaky method. It is difficult to deal with human suffering, caused both by the disease and by the measures. Then you have to take responsibility and answer difficult social and ethical questions. It was therefore safer to pay close attention to the financial aspects. This distraction appeals to everyone, and often dominates the public debate (also in other situations).
- One-sided information is easier to process than nuanced information. For example, the positive effects of vaccines were emphasized to underline their necessity. Possible side effects were brushed aside on the basis of theory and the limited test groups. The causal relationship of the side effects unexpectedly occurring during the use of the vaccines has been doubted. Confidence in the vaccines is declining now that it appears that their effectiveness does not last long, making their composition subject to discussion.
Humanity is losing a lot of momentum due to missed opportunities for development towards Cosmic Consciousness. Too much energy is wasted in pointless but too serious intellectual games. It is that within Humanity I do detect promising individuals and small groups of people who, out of conscious incompetence, want to make steps towards a new future, otherwise my advice about further monitoring and follow-up would be directly negative.
I submit this draft report for evaluation, asking which topics are missing or need more attention.